We Can't Stop Making These Italian Inspired Herbed Lamb Cutlets
The succulent lamb, infused with zesty lemon and aromatic herbs, offers a burst of flavours perfect for a summer night.
8 lamb cutlets or lamb chops
6 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of dried oregano
1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, chopped
Fresh thyme sprigs
6 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt and pepper
1 lemon, both grated and juiced
Lemon wedges for serving and additional grated lemon
Chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat your grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano, fresh rosemary, thyme sprigs, and lemon juice to create the herb marinade.
- Season the lamb cutlets on both sides with salt and black pepper, then coat them generously in the herb marinade. Allow them to rest at room temperature for at least 10 minutes.
- Grill the lamb cutlets for 2-4 minutes on each side, until the desired doneness is reached. The timing will depend on the thickness of the cutlets.
- Once they are cooked, remove the cutlets from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes.
- To serve, place the grilled lamb cutlets on a serving dish. Sprinkle with additional grated lemon, spoon a bit of the leftover lamb juices over the top, and finish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley. Serve with lemon wedges on the side for an extra citrus kick.
For over 30 years, Brisbane Home Show Cooking Stage host, Carmel has championed Australia’s fresh local ingredients, collaborating with Fresh Food Retailers to showcase seasonal produce in innovative dishes. Her passion for cooking stems from her Southern Italian heritage, and she has shared her message of eating locally sourced, nourishing food on stages alongside celebrity chefs and through collaborations across Australia.
Whether you’re hosting friends or sharing a meal with a loved on, try this meal at your next dinner party served along side Carmels Mushroom Risotto.
Discover more delicious recipes by Carmel Carmichael at the Brisbane Home Show Cooking Stage