QBCC’s regulatory purpose is to reduce risk in the building and construction industry, offer protection from harm, and encourage innovative industry responses to current and emerging challenges. QBCC achieves this by:
– ensuring proper building standards
– licensing building and trade contractors, plumbers and drainers, certifiers and pool safety inspectors
– providing dispute resolution services for defective building work
– supporting and educating building contractors and consumers
– regulating domestic building contracts to balance the interests of building contractors and building owners
– regulating building product supply chains to ensure safe and compliant building products
– making and communicating decisions in a way that satisfies our regulatory responsibility in clear, transparent and efficient manner for building contractors and consumers.
– regulating efficiently and effectively managing the commission and its functions.